Terrazzo Before & After Photos
Here are some pictures of a few terrazzo cleaning and polishing projects we have completed. Click on each picture to see the before and after pictures of these projects.
Terrazzo Care Guide
- Dust Mop frequently. Dust and grit are the number one reasone floors begin to look dirty.
- Damp Mop routinely with less soap and clean water. (Normally 1-2 ounces of cleaner per gallon of water)
- Spot Clean with a marble cleaner for immediate spills.
Did you know?
- Vinegar and other acid cleaners damage the surface of the stone.
- Topical sealers (wax, mop n glow, floor shine products) last 1-6 months and must be stripped to restore floors.
- Impregnating sealers are great at repelling oil and water. But they are only oil and water resistant. Application effects performance.
- Sealers will not prevent scratches, acid burns (etching), rusting. Sealers will keep these effects at the surface of the stone, but cannot prevent.
- Place walk off mats at all entrances. Routinely clean mats to ensure they are effective.
- Use protective pads on moving furniture. Furniture that moves frequently tends to wear scratches and holes into stone quickly.
- Ensure area rugs and mats can breathe. Folding a rug over for a couple hours a month can prevent rug stains later.
- Do not set acidic drinks (wine, coke, juices) on Terrazzo surfaces.